As needed, CONTEXT provides concrete recommendations for action, preceded by pinpoint analyses and leading to tangible results. For instance, when it comes to selecting and using appropriate methods and tools.
The focus here is on the ambition that our solutions are both, practical and efficient, while fitting to our customers' processes.
For engines to be developed, the significant influencing factors of selected target parameters need to be identified and optimized.
- Adapting an engine to the increased demands of the European standard Euro 5 in order to meet emission limits
- Determining the parameters with siginificant impact on
- smoothness and
- CO/HC/NOx emissions
- Setting the identified drivers with the aim of
- minimizing the specific consumption and the CO/HC/NOx emissions and
- maximizing the smoothness
- System analysis highlights 9 setting parameters with influence on the resulting target parameters
- Reduction of the temporal experimental effort by a factor of 300
- Identification of the significant influencing factors
- Derivation of optimal parameter values considering existing trade-offs
The system inherent risks for hybrid drives need to be analyzed. The complexity of these systems with all the interactions between their (software) modules lets conventional risk analyses reach their limits and makes an own approach, such as our developed network risk analysis (NRA), necessary.
- Many control units interact with the drive of hybrid vehicles
- Combustion engine, electric motor and transmission have to work together flawlessly and customer-optimized – possibly even with further control units
- Analyzing the system environment (control unit software)
- Evaluating the system elements (software modules)
- Analyzing the connections between the modules
- Calculating the modules' own risks
- Calculating the linkage risks for the complete control unit
- Analyzing the results
- Interpreting and presenting the results
- Presentation of the modules which bear the highest risks
- Presentation of the modules which inherit the highest risks from other modules
- Identification of improvement potentials: Which improvement of a module provides most benefit to the overall system?