Functional Safety (FuSa)
The aim of functional safety is to arrange products in a way that they are verifiably free of unacceptable risks. Products in this context are safety-relevant electronic systems. Non-tolerable, safety critical functional statuses with possible severe consequences, such as personal injury, can be avoided by applying the standards IEC 61508 and ISO 26262 including controls like confirmation reviews early in the development process.
- Prevention of critical malfunctions and functional deficiencies
- Proof of argumentation in case of product liability
Is the FuSa process implemented completely and compliant with the standards?
- Gap analysis
- Advisory on the application of the standards
- Developing and implementing customized FuSa processes
Which actions help in the short term to meet the FuSa requirements?
- Developing and implementing project-specific FuSa processes
- Training und qualifying staff members